Tuesday, November 2

Voting is like Disneyland...

I waited three hours today to get INSIDE the building in which I MIGHT have voted. Let me explain.

I went to the First Congressional Church of Tempe, or something like that, I don't really know the name of it. I went there because that is where the Maricopa Recorder said to go. Makes sense right? You'd think so. So I stood in line with all of the others, and I don't think that there was anyone over 25 years old among us. Everyone was chatting and being generally friendly, it was like a college party without the booze. Volunteers were out there handing out doughnuts and chips and soda and water. It was really nice. But I was still really hungry, so I ordered a pizza from Papa John's and when it was delivered shared with my fellow electors.

Finally, we make it inside the building. And continued to wait there. We continued with our chatting and laughing and having a generally jolly time. And then this guy came up, put his hand on my back and said "You guys are going to have to keep it down or take it outside" (in a very nasty tone). There are a few things wrong with this, can you find them?

There are two. First of all, we weren't being loud, and I am not aware of laughing being against the law. And two, he TOUCHED me. I don't like that. I don't like when people who I don't know and aren't young hot guys touch me. It's gross. And made me feel extremely uncomfortable and ewwww!

Then it's my turn to sign in. I hand over my ID and the guys looks through his lists. He couldn't find me. I told him that I was directed to this poll by the Maricopa Recorder, and I registered to vote when I lived in Tempe. His response was, "First of all, you aren't in the right precinct, and second of all, you don't even live in Tempe anymore" (in a very nasty tone). Maybe you're seeing a trend. You should be. I even heard the people who were behind me in line and saw me get mad at touchy-guy saying stuff about how mad I was getting, and that I was gonna blow up at these assholes. But I didn't. Ass #2 proceeded to tell me about a provisional ballot that I was going to be given, but depending on the circumstances, my vote might not count. I was pissed.

Happy first fucking voting day to me!

The funniest part is that I still got my "I voted today" sticker. I noted that mine really should more accurately say "I might have voted today."

No comments: