Sunday, October 2

Through an interesting series of events, I am not moving in with my mother. Huzzah! Ashley and I will be living in one of my mother's friend's apartments while she undergoes chemo and radiation therapy in Utah. It is a mutually beneficial situation. My mom was talking about my grandfather today, and I realized that I know practically nothing about him. He passed away before I was alive, and it was my understanding that he died of emphysema or some other smoking related disease. Apparently he died of cancer. It started in his lungs, but when it was found, it had already spread everywhere, his brains, his bones, etc. I also thought that he was a heavy smoker until he died, but also apparently he quit shortly after my mother was born. I don't know really where I developed all these stories about him, maybe my grandmother, who knows? It was just weird to see how off they were.

No comments: