Friday, February 2

New layout, new blog.

Blogger has now made it very user friendly to change, rearrange and generally stylize your blog. I attribute this to the phenomenon known as myspace, in its infinite "hot layout" glory. I apprecaite it, because I, unlike David or my other compatriots, have a lack of knowledge when it comes to the subject. I choose the word "knowledge" rather than "ability" because I'm sure that I'm quite able to edit layouts and design my page, but I lack the fundamental knowledge.

Writing. I need to do more of it. Considering my desire to for a career centered around writing, I do it embarassingly little. Maybe for lack of readership, maybe for lack of inspiration, maybe for overabundance of the word "lack". I'm not going to commit in writing to more writing, because if I don't follow through, I might feel bad. That's the beauty of being non-committal. You can't have failed to achieve a goal that was never set. I say this in an "I'm making fun of people who say this because it shows such little ambition and other important nouns to have in life, but secretly I kind of believe it" kind of fashion.

Currently reading Cunt by Inga Muscio and On Writing Well by William Zissner. "Currently reading" will be a new addition to my blog, because to me reading is personal, but only if you share it.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Am picking up CUNT for the millionth time today...best. book. ever. Even if there is stuff in there I don't agree with, it's amazing...
Also, stir fry tonight at my house if you're not working
kiss kiss