Monday, September 20

Two posts in as many days??? Watch out world, because hell is about to freeze over.

Because my body doesn't like me, I couldn't sleep last night. I was up talking to people online for a while, when at about 1:00 a.m. I decided that I could be more productive and go to the gym, which I did. Surprisingly enough, since I joined Gold's Gym, I have been very good about going. I suppose that the fact that I enjoy working out helps, but it's just weird. I've never been disciplined about it before. Go me! The only err in my workout ways so far is that I only really like to go late at night. First of all, there are WAY less people there, and usually not a soul in the special room made for us ladies. And my body just seems to respond better to going at night. The problem that this presents should be obvious...

Ok, ok, I'll tell you. Working out increases energy levels. I don't know the chemistry of it, but it's a proven fact. So when I get home from the gym between two and three a.m., with an increased level of energy, it doesn't really bode well for going to school/work the next morning. And it certainly doesn't give me enough energy to read my textbooks. Although yesterday I did use this extra time before bed created by my workout for a productive purpose. In no affiliation with Joey's post about it, I started reading Al Franken's latest book a few days ago. So I thought that I would continue last night. So far it is excellent. The research and the writing are great, if you like brash sarcasm that doesn't purport to care who it pleases, which I certainly do. I don't feel like I have read enough of it to do a sufficient high school book review for you, but I shall, in the coming days when I have finished the book. I hope to finish it by tomorrow night, which should be a realizable goal, it is a very easy read. But I suggest that you all pick it up and read it, we can be like a book club. Instead of Oprah's Book Club, we can be the Ninja Gypsy Book Klan (yeah, klan with a "k" for emphasis). I like it. A sign-up sheet will be on the door upon your exit, or you can just leave a comment. We will be the greatest book klan ever!!!!

No comments: