Friday, August 12

Little Shop was delightful. The seats weren't the greatest, but pops and I still had a grand time. I will say though that I wanted the actors to be louder. And not louder in that I wanted their mics turned up, but there are quite a few songs in this show in which the character can really let loose and belt it out, and I felt like they held back a lot. Still good, I just wanted more out of them. I also think that in the case of this particular show, it is going to be hard to top Steve Martin in the character of Orin Scrivello, DDS (a.k.a. the dentist). It really isn't fair that actors are subject to such a comparison, but they are. The dentist is one of my favorite Steve Martin characters, and as such, it makes it hard for me to like anyone else in the role. Ho hum.

In other news, Ashley will be back in about 14 days! Hurrah!

No comments: