Sunday, October 10

This post is in response to recent clamor on http://poopshute.blogspot.com (Joey's blog).

A little late to hop into this one, but I wanted to make a few comments, as a neutral party. First of all, I read the post and did not find it aimed at anyone specifically, until names were brought up. Obviously I haven't been around for recent political discussions, maybe that was the Rosetta Stone that I was missing to consider the post an attack.

Voting is a right, but also a privilege.

This election will be my first vote, I'm super-pumped about it. I believe in it. Ed is right, the system isn't completely legit, but it is the one in which we live. So I will vote. I don't like Bush, I don't know if I even like Kerry. I think that some people look at the whole thing in too simple of terms. Vote or not vote, Bush or Kerry, etc. You can choose to "throw your vote away" as some may call it by voting for Nader or a write in. Or you can literally throw your vote away by not using it.

That is the choice that some are posed with. If you don't like the candidates, then waste your vote. It's like someone has given you a million dollars. You can waste it on candy and movies and other shit or you can throw it in a trash can.

But don't you think you would like to waste it on something?

No comments: